New Resource: Guideline for the preparation of Operational works applications for vehicle crossings
Operational works (OPW) applications for vehicle crossings are required when a standard vehicle crossover license cannot be obtained.
The City of Gold Coast’s (City) assessment of these applications ensures that proposed driveways and vehicular crossings construction meets the City’s standards.
These standards include, but are not limited to:
- The provision of safe access for vehicles from the road reserve to the property
- Maintaining a safe environment for pedestrians
- Retaining trees and green spaces for the City
- Preserving the amenity of the area
- Preventing loss of on-street car parking spaces
- Protecting utility services
The City has developed the OPW for vehicle crossovers guideline to assists applicants with the preparation and lodgement of their OPW applications.