2. Do you agree with the management categories for dealing with pests/bio security as part of the plan, and do you have any other suggested priorities?
The five management categories in the Plan are:
PREVENTION - The objective for this management category is the prevention and early detection of the establishment of new pest species in the City of Gold Coast.
ERADICATION - The objective for this category is the eradication of the identified pest species.
REDUCTION - The objective for this category is to reduce the impact of pest species identified and prevent them from spreading further throughout the City of Gold Coast.
MITIGATION - The objective for the category of Mitigation is to protect key environmental, infrastructure and agricultural assets from the impacts of pest species.
ENVIRONMENTAL PEST MANAGEMENT - The overall objective for this category is to increase the community awareness of environmental pests within the City of Gold Coast.
Pests are then prioritised under each of the management categories as:
- Critical - Management must be undertaken
- High - Pest is a High priority for control
- Medium - Pest is a Medium priority for control, and
- Low - Pest is a Low priority for control
This consultation has concluded. Information about the consultation, forum comments and related documents are retained for your reference.