4) Do you agree that joint stewardship of the city's ocean beaches is important and something Council should work towards delivering?
- Assume a leadership role and actively participate in regional and national coastal management organisations and peak bodies.
- Establish forums and mechanisms to enable other levels of government and key stakeholder groups to be invested in coastal management on the Gold Coast.
- Form partnerships to further research the environmental, social and economic values of the city’s ocean beaches.
- Consolidate research and information on ocean beach-related issues across our region.
- Work with individuals and public and private sector organisations to promote the city’s ocean beaches
- Support and promote the coastal community education program
This consultation has concluded. Information about the consultation, forum comments and related documents are retained for your reference.