Have your say on the Broadbeach to Burleigh Heads corridor
The City of Gold Coast (City) is committed to planning for our ever-growing city, while maintaining the unique character of the suburbs we love. The City is preparing a Neighbourhood Framework (Framework) to guide future planning for the Broadbeach to Burleigh Heads corridor.
Whilst European settlement emerged along the corridor in the 1800’s, a series of coastal villages rapidly grew in the post war era from the 1950’s to form the Gold Coast we enjoy today. In the State Government’s Regional Plan for South East Queensland – ShapingSEQ 2041, the Gold Coast’s population is anticipated to continue to grow at around 15,000 additional people per year until 2041. The goal for future land use planning is to simultaneously accommodate our growing community in balance with the employment, lifestyle, amenity, heritage, natural and landscape values in our local neighbourhoods.
Supporting the unique character of the Broadbeach to Burleigh Heads corridor, the completed Framework will be informed by the community’s values and priorities. This completed Framework will guide planning for the delivery of housing, employment, services, transport, open spaces, and public amenity.
The completed Framework will:
- be informed by community engagement and involvement
- support growth in urban areas to help protect our natural environment
- develop a social infrastructure plan to meet the needs of the future community
- guide a series of Station Neighbourhood Precinct concept plans
- balance opportunities and constraints
- inform and guide future amendments to City Plan
- coordinate and align work in the Station Neighbourhoods.
Have your say by completing a short survey on gchaveyoursay.com.au/NFBB. The survey runs from Tuesday 1 June to Monday 21 June 2021.