Council endorse commencement of Major Update 1 and 1B to City Plan
Council today endorsed the adoption Major Update 1 and 1B to the City Plan, which will commence on 20 September 2018 as part of City Plan Version 6. These updates were endorsed by the Minister for adoption with no conditions.
The updates were available for public comment in late 2017. The City reviewed all properly made submissions, changes were considered and made to the update packages where it could be demonstrated the change would result in an improved outcome or public benefit.
Major Update 1 and 1B comprises of a combination of improvements and policy shifts to meet State requirements, align with community expectations and achieve best practice including:
- new provisions from the small lot housing review;
- refinements to the density provisions and subdivision requirements within the low density residential zone;
- party house land use controls to ensure ongoing regulation of party houses within our city, replacing the current temporary measures;
- proposed changes to zoning, height and densities in the area surrounding Harbour Town Shopping Centre to support appropriate future growth and opportunities;
- new provisions in the strategic framework, to reinforce the unique character and values of Tugun Village and Burleigh Heads Village; and
- updated Flood overlay mapping incorporating the projected increase in sea level of 0.8m above present-day levels by 2100, established by the State Government in 2015; and the State Government's projected 10% storm tide intensity and 10% rainfall intensity, based on advice from industry representatives and recommended by the Australian Rainfall and Runoff Handbook.
For more information visit www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au