New support for the building and construction industry
The City of Gold Coast (City) has announced a range of measures to support the city’s building and construction industry during COVID-19.
The measures are designed to stimulate new building and construction work, especially smaller scale projects such as dual occupancies and small offices.
The range of measures are available from 1 October 2020, with the exception of the Express Development Application process which will be available from the 27 October 2020.
Economic stimulus measures include:
- Express Development Application process designed to streamline and speed up approvals of small scale applications
- Reduction in fees for all Referral Agency Applications for 12 months
- Fee waiver for existing businesses that want to change their operations as a result of COVID-19 until 30 December 2020
- Fee waiver for pre lodgement meetings until 30 June 2021
- Reduction in time to assess a request to change a Development Approval where construction has commenced
- Application advice from the City’s free planning advisory service
- Ongoing customer service commitment for Major Assessment, Bonding and Plan Sealing.
More information about these services will be made available on the City's website.